Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ohio Standage's and Cedar Hills Standage's Family Updates

I am extremely sorry this is so belated. But if you didn't get it from my last post, we went to Cincinnati, Ohio to hang with my brother, Stephen, sister-in-law Laura Beth, and their kids, Rachel, and the twins Maren and Michael three weeks ago. We did a lot of fun stuff while we were there.



Daddy giving a scripture



Maren and Michael chilling with Grandma!



Rachel chilling with Aunt Lar-Lar!



We went up to Kentucky to spend the night there and go see Mammoth Caves the next day. Upon our arrival, we went out for pizza. Yum!



I thought this picture was priceless!



Some pool fun at the hotel!



The next day, we went to Mammoth cave, which was really fun and interesting, and...didn't have HUMIDITY! The air felt cool and great!



Also that day, we went to the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. I think the kids' favorite part was making creations out of the lincoln logs!



Pretty inspirational, huh?







Monday was our "Fun"-day at an Amusement park called Coney Island. It was mostly kid oriented, but it was still really fun. Rachel went on a rollercoaster, and I overcame my fear of ferris wheels, and we went swimming at the end of the day!





Tuesday, we went to the airforce museum! I just love that picture of Stephen! That day, Great-Grandma (well, Grandma to me...) came up to spend some of the trip with us. We love you!



Wednesday was completely devoted to Harry Potter. I'm so happy we got to see it on opening day! Stephen and Laura Beth went first while we watched the kids, then we traded off!



Thursday was kind of another hang out day, but we went to the library and got a book that I had been looking for to read. My sister Juli and her kids listened to the audio book and loved it, so tried to read it to Rachel, but she's a little younger than Emily and Sadie, so she wasn't interested. I read it in only an hour or so, and loved it. Then I read about twelve chapters in the car to Mom and Dad, and finished reading it with Mom that day, Dad finished it on his own. We all loved it! I recommend it to everyone. You're kids will love it, and so will you, and you will learn a great deal! It's called "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane", by Kate DiCamillo.



Friday was zoo fun! This was one of my favorite parts, since I love animal interaction. This little guy started playing with my hair when I tried to leave. How cute!



Is this guy adorable or what? I can't believe Stephen thought he was ugly!



Eating lunch with the peacocks!





These three manatee pictures are dedicated to Alien! Rock on!



After the zoo, we got to tour the hospital where Stephen works! We're so proud of you!


Our last big day of fun: we went to Amish country. The kids loved playing on the homemade swing sets and gazebos, and we got some pastries!



Another fun highlight was that the kids enjoyed playing human bridge with me in the girls' room. Maren especially liked this, and kept asking me to play that and "Teddy Bear" in her room!



Can't wait to see you guys next summer! I sure love those kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yahoo!! Omar to you! Go manatees! SOunds like you had fun! That is totally great! Go you go you! Cheez to manatees!