Thursday we traveled around Yellowstone. That was very fun! Old Faithful wasn't as cool as I thought it would be, but that was okay! There were lots of other fun things to do there.
We don't have hardly any geyser pics, which is really a shame because they were pretty awesome. But this one was my favorite. It's called the Dragon's Mouth Spring. It was blackish water, and it growled like a dragon. There was a little cavwern in the back, and it kept on looking like a dragon was going to come out, because smoke was coming out of it.

Jessica and I had a fun time wading in the stream!
Friday, we were around Yellowstone as well, but we did a lot of other things too. We fed fat chipmunks, went to the top of the world (no joke!), and went to a beautiful cascade we renamed Dishwasher Cascade. There was a really pretty trail there that went a little ways up it, and traveling on it, we discovered giant mushrooms! That's why we named the trail Passage to Fairyland!

Help! We're falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm on top of the world!!!!"

BFFS!


The first evidence of fairies...
I "Rock"!
We ate lunch in Montana. I know that sounds crazy, but we did! There was a little part of where we were driving where we cut into Montana, and there was a pretty picnic site there, so that's where we ate! Beyond the trail, there was a creek with lots of rocks. My dad skipped them really well, and Jessica and I attempted to, but ended up throwing in big rocks to hear them clunk for the fun of it!
Dad's a pro!
I found a rock that sort of looked like a gun, and I couldn't help myself!
Another fun thing about that day, was that there were tons and tons of buffalo! They were everywhere! They were even really close, and sometimes walked slowly across the road (though, none of us complained about the hold up. It was so funny!) We did see a bear, but it was really far away, and you couldn't see its front...
At the end of the day, we saw a lot of scenic water falls that were really incredible!
Saturday, we went to the church where the Dovers work, and saw the mural painted there. It was wonderful! We also went to the Buffalo Bill Museum that day, and found it very interesting. That evening, we watched Miss Potter (a movie about the author of Peter Rabbit) in the church theater.
This is one of my favorite shows!
Sister Dover moved into our ward in Georgia when I was only three. She was my first piano teacher, and I can't tell you how glad I am because of it. The Dovers have been delightful friends, that we are still blessed to keep in contact with. Thanks so much for letting us come by, and thanks, Jessica! I hope you had fun. I look forward to our next get together (we ARE still thinking about Scotland, right?!?!?!?!).
2 comments:
Laura, thanks for all of your great updates and photos! It looks like you all had a great time in WY! Tell mom and dad that they should update their blog too!! Love you Laura and we hope to see you soon!!
Oh wow it sounds like you had fun...I didn't know Jessica went with you.
Post a Comment