
Okay, I'm way excited for this, and I've desperately needed something to post about, so this is so perfect! Basically, this is a heads-up for next month, November, which is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, which I started doing last year.
So here's some info on it:
A full-length novel is at least 50,000 words. There are two sites for NaNoWriMo. The first is the adult side, where you try to write a 50,000 word novel that month. The other is a Young Writer's Program version (which I suggest for teens, cause of school), where you can make yourself a goal to try and reach it. It's always harder because of school.
You can make an account online on either of the sites. If you give them your email, they will send you email advice from various authors (I reccomend!)
For more info, click on this link:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano
My own experiences of NaNoWriMo:
I'm sure all of you guys know this stuff, but I'll put it on anyway.
Last year was my first time doing NaNoWriMo. I wrote a brand new story that I made up just for this once-a-year opportunity. It was called Mist. I didn't finish the book that month, but I did on the very last day of January, exactly three months, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without this site. I'm not done editing (and I have NO IDEA when I WILL be done...), but right now, the finished product is over 63,000 words, so I'm happy.
This year, I'm doing the sequel to Mist, Charm. I've already started it, and am currently working on Chapter Seven. Technically, you're not supposed to start your novel until November, but I'm just going to subtract the words I already had before I started for November, and use that score. I'm happy, because my chapters are getting longer, my friends say they are getting hooked on this one faster than Mist, and I already have 15,000 words, which is 3/10 of the way!!!
So seriously, sign up! It'll be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment