Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Uhhh...Stuff...

Hey guys! Whoo, it's been a hectic week, but I guess I'll do a little update on what I've been doing lately and what I'm getting ready for.
1. I am practicing like crazy for my festival this Saturday where I have to play two piano songs memorized in front of judges. I did it the first time last year and got all superiors (the best ratings, ranging from 13-15 points from each judge). If you get all superiors three years in a row, you get an award or certificate or something. B-)
2. WHOO! Track is amazing. It's a lot of hard work, but I think I'm starting to pace myself more, and I think I'm gradually getting better. Even though I just got back from track today, I went out for another pacing run. Every Tuesday we're going to jog to this one place and practice sprints and hill running around a lake (which is frozen right now and looks awesome!) to practice. The thing that's hardest for me though, that I almost died on last week was when we did a slow jog around a random neighborhood by our school for fifteen minutes, then jogged fifteen minutes back. HORRIBLE! It was like, four miles or something!
3. Well...I can't really think of anything else besides school that I've been up to lately. I guess I just wanted to tell you about that. Have fun you guys! Love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the title. I'm glad your liking track. Despite the fact that I could never in my entire life attempt something so crazy. Wish I had your physically fit body!

Michele said...

Laura that's great! I'm glad you're loving track. It's so good to get involved in something athletic while you're young.