Sunday, November 30, 2008

Writing is Amazing!

Even though I can't finish my novel before tommorow, I'm still going to work on it. I'll be able to get a lot more done once Science Fair is over. So far, I have 14,547 words. I have just started Chapter Eleven. Yay!!!
Something else wonderful happened last night, too! For school, there is a sight called Go My Access that you sometimes do writing assignments on. For English, we had to write a story about going back in time in a time machine. Instantly after you turn in the paper (you can do this multiple times for revised drafts btw), it gives you a score for each of the six traits of writing. 4 is proficient, 5 five is advanced proficient and 6 is the best score. Earlier in the year when we had to write about the happiest time in our life, I struggled through multiple drafts trying to get all fours. I eventually got 5 4's and a 3.9. But this proves that I really have a thing for fantasy. When I turned in my first draft last night, I got 2 6's, and the rest were above 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!! And it was only a rough draft!!!!! I love writing!!!!!!

3 comments:

juli said...

Way to go! That is so awesome Laura!

Unknown said...

That's a great achievement to already have eleven chapters written! Like you said, you've got more things going on in your life than writing, so give yourself time. And let us know when the novel is done so we get the chance to read it. Love you tons! Oh, and loved the pics; post more!

Unknown said...

Laura, you are just totally coolio. I know that sounds really lame, but...anyway so ya I'm gonna stop typing...
~*Alien