Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Last Week of School: A Look Back Through The Days

We had a pretty niftic (yes that's a word, discombobulated one!) last week of school with lots of fun stuff going on, so I thought it would nice to talk about them. I would have some pictures of what we did on Wednesday, because Alien sent me some she took. But...I lost them, and so I couldn't email them to Dad so I could get them from his laptop. Yes, Mom and I came to Maryland yesterday to see Dad for the last week he has to be here. We're still deciding what we'll do today. But anyway, back to school. It was Memorial Day on Monday, so there was no school. But here's what my friends and I did.

Tuesday: This was the day of the Mountain Ridge Got Talent Variety Show, so the classes were shortened. The schedule was a little whack because our A1 teachers needed to give us papers showing if we had any fees, but they had just barely fixed the machine, so I went to my A2 class, chorus. That was just basically a party. And the thing was, if you didn't bring food, you didn't get to eat. There was a LOT of food.
Then, we got to go to A1, which was science (I love my science teacher! I'm being a TA for her next year!) We made ice cream in a bag, which really ended up like creamy, milky soup with chocolate sauce and oreos. By then, I was stuffed and didn't want to eat lunch. Welp, I'm sure you can imagine how well that went.
A3 was boring, that's all I'll say...
A4, one of my favorite classes with one of the best teachers of all time, Creative Writing was last. We played games and had a couple snacks. Then, at the end of the day, we watched the show.

Wednesday: This day, the WHOLE ENTIRE SCHOOL (except for a few people) did a 5k! It was pretty cool because they closed roads for us. We even got sweet t-shirts! But like I said, sorry, no pics. At the end, I sprinted, and think I went faster than I ever had. That day, we had to stay in B1 until 10, and then after the 5k, until lunch. So the other classes were wackified. B2 was a half hour, B3 was an hour, and B4 was normal.

Thursday: This was the day we got our yearbooks, and spent the WHOLE DAY going to our classes and getting them signed. Pretty sweet, right? We went to all our A-Day classes one right after the other (classes were shortened), then I, since I have first lunch, went to lunch. But after that, the schedule was weird. You either have first or second lunch according to your 3rd period teacher, so next I went to B3, then B4, then B1, then B2. Weird, I know.

Friday: Well, this day was only an hour and a half. But we started off watching battle of the bands with the teachers (Man it was so cool to see Mr. Marsh and Mr. Meyers spazzing out!) I won't go into details, but I will say it was crazy...and awesome to see teachers all whack. Students started doing it too after a while, but then we had the choice of going outside. OUTSIDE!
Out there, we ran around, played tether ball, played volleyball, and eventually started throwing frisbees. Max was good, he was doing it with Coach Sheidi (I hope that's how you spell his name, but I actually never met him formally, because girls have Mrs. Bitton). Everyone kind of started coming inside, and the bell was to ring soon. By then, I had started hugging people. Man, I didn't realize that there were so many people who I didn't contact, but talked to at school that I was going to miss! It was all happily sad until Jessica and I realized we missed the bus. Mom had to get us.

So that's what I did on the last day of school. It's so hard when school first gets out, because all year you've wanted it to be over, and when it actually is, it hurts. I cried last year when I left elementary school. The year you have to go to a new school is hardest. I learned that. Mostly because some friends go to different schools. Woah, speaking of school, it's so weird to think that in only four or five years, we'll all be going to college! Man, the time goes by faster every year.
Well, at the end of this, I'll just say how much I am grateful for my friends. When you have a bunch of friends, it's easy to enjoy them, but also take them for granted at the same time. I have no idea what I would do without you guys! You're probably the funnest thing I have, and you always know how to cheer me up! I love you all!
Have a great summer!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Give dad some squeezers for us!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you missed the bus! Haha! thats funny. I ended up riding home with my Mom, cuz she picked us up so we could go to Costco. I really miss you! You'll have to tell me all about your vacation! I have like NO ONE to spaz out with or talk to!! Miss ya cheeses,
Alien

Laura Standage said...

Great post, Laura! Glad you had such fun during your last week at school. It was always a weird part of the school year for me...excited for school to be over & vacation to begin, the fun of signing yearbooks & reading what others wrote, but having to say goodbye to some good friends. Glad you've met so many 'kindred spirits' this year! Love you lots! --the other Laura