Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Trip to Maryland

So for the last week that dad was gone, we got to go visit him in Maryland. His hotel was really nice. Here's a recap of what we did in picture form (FINALLY! A post with pictures!)

Saturday: We went to the Baltimore Aquarium...






When we got back, I went swimming in the pool. There was a little boy there that kept throwing his ball in the water, though he wouldn't go in there himself, and so I'd keep getting it for him, and I started to make him laugh. Ah, don't you just love the little ones? A little later, a couple other kids came, a boy and a girl, and the girl was a couple years younger than me. I had to admit, it was pretty fun.





Sunday: We went to the Olney Ward that all my siblings (and, okay, me for the first five months of my life) went to church at. After that, we went to the temple Visitor's Center, and just kind of drove around our old neighborhood that I can't remember except for when we went four years ago and stayed with the Cobbs. Hehe...the famous shed...three cheers for Daniel!



Monday: Mom and I had gone to the Patterson's (friends from Georgia) house in York, Pennsylvania. Dad didn't come with us because he had to work. Catherine used to be my best friend when we were little before they moved, though I can't really remember it. But she's come to my house recently, and so we went and stayed at theirs. Monday, we went to...HERSHEY! Wherein, we went to...CHOCOLATE WORLD! Ideal place for the sweet-tooth Standages, right?







Oh, these I just HAVE to show!!! Only my friends would get this though, so just bear with me a sec...




Isn't it such a coincidence that they have hearts on the wrappers? Hehehe...STRAWBERRIES!

Tuesday: We went to Gettysburg! At this one area, there were a lot of rocks, and honeysuckles, so that's why all of us are climbing around on all those rocks. Man, Sister Patterson's youngest son, Joseph is so cute! He had this little camera, and it was digital and downloadable and everything! But he just walked around taking pictures! He called me Yoda, after I told him some of my nicknames. And at Gettysburg, he wanted to sit by me at the movie! John is WAY interested in History, and really liked this trip, even though he couldn't read the stuff. They keep the boys entertained in the car by listening to John Bytheway, which is TOTALLY AWESOME! I LOVE John Bytheway!












Wednesday: Mom and I were back in the hotel with Dad. We went and had lunch with one of my mom's old friends, Tamela and her daughter Katie.




Thursday: Annapolis, and the Pennsylvania-Dutch Amish Market. For lunch, we ate lunch at T.G.I. Fridays and I got this thing called the Endless lunch. AHHHH! SO GOOD! First, it was breadsticks, then soup, then salad! SO GOOD! I'm like, on a salad craze!!!!!!!!!!



Friday: Headed home. No pictures for this.

Sorry about the overload of pictures, but hey! I'm making up for all those pictureless, very long boring posts where I babbled on about books or roleplays or something.
While I was there, I read the first four (five are published) books in this series Alien's been raving about. They're awesome! They're called Maximum Ride. Sweetness!
Anyway, last night, with my friend Jessica, I watched Nacho Libre for the first time. Interesting experience...
Well, tomorrow I'm off for Girl's Camp, so I'll have something else interesting to put on the blog. Seeya then! Love ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, don't you LOVE the Maximum ride series? IT IS SOOOOO GREAT!!! It sounds like you had so much fun! I wish you didn't leave so soon AGAIN! You should call me when you get home. Like do it or die. :) Just kidding. Love ya lots, ((hehe strawberry kisses))
-Alien

Michele said...

Glad to have you home auntie laura!!

Laura Standage said...

Hey Laura! Thanks for all the pics & the details of your trip. Very fun to see you (and sheez, talk about snappy dresser!) and all the fun places you went to. Hershey's chocolate world would be temptation incarnate for me, so I should probably never go there. :) But I'd love to visit Gettysburg some day. Have a great time at girls camp, and be sure to take lots of pics! Looking forward to that post; thanks for this one! --the other Laura (maybe my sign-off will be "TOL" from now on)

Unknown said...

Hey Laura! Finally you're home! Yeesh you had fun. Why couldn't you take me?! :):) ((:)strawberry kisses:) I wish I could have gone. Okay I've never even heard of Maximum ride series! Hey we need to hang out again soon. Why why did you have to go to girl's camp now. I'm not going till July 20-25. UGH I want to go now and be able to come home and hang out for the rest of the summer:):):) See ya later.